It’s a cruel reality that libido in men decreases with age. Just think back to your teenage days when you were full of testosterone and hormones and didn’t have the time an opportunity to put them all to good use. Truth is as men age testosterone steadily decreases and life gets busy and stressful all factors that can really put a cramp on your libido. Good news is you can boost your libido naturally with 5 easy tips:
1. Lose your Gut – Not only is having a gut not so sexy and from a physical standpoint can make sex more difficult but it is also linked to lower testosterone and higher estrogen. Not cool! So drop the bulge to rev up your libido.
2. Don’t eat “White” Foods – White rice, bread and junk foods made with refined sugar and refined carbohydrates are not rich sources of fiber and nutrients. Therefore they are digested quickly and create a temporary spike that is then followed by a crash which can really put a damper on your energy.
3. Get more Vitamin D – Increased vitamin D has been linked to increased testosterone. Just try not to go overboard on the sun exposure and remember to still use sunscreen. You can also get vitamin D from your diet like fish and fortified dairy products.
4. Exercise Regularly – There is nothing better to help your libido than regular exercise. It increases blood flow to sexual organs makes you feel better about being naked.
5. Take it easy on the alcohol – A few drinks can loosen you up and put you in the mood. However alcohol is a depressant and too much can make you sleepy or sick (you know you have been there.) Over consumption of alcohol in men in particular has been linked to lower levels of testosterone being produced in the testes, lower physical arousal and can damper your overall performance. So have a few drinks but don’t over do it if you’re planning on getting lucky.