When it comes to working out there are no shortage of fitness tips out there. But how do you know what is fact and what is fiction? To help you sort through it all we have compiled a list of the 7 all time fitness tips, so read on and you decide what the best ones are.
1. Get the Essentials – Before you begin a fitness routine it is important to make sure you have everything you need to make the routine as beneficial as possible. Meaning: a home gym or a gym membership, a clear fitness plan, a fitness goal, other smaller fitness essentials as proper clothes & footwear and a diet plan and any necessary health supplements to help you stay fit and health while you reach your goal.
2. Keep Your Fitness Plan Balanced – Everyone needs a little variety now and then, so why shouldn’t your body be the same way. Don’t let your fitness routine become stagnant, rather alternate your normal gym workouts with more casual fitness workouts such as a games of basketball or football with friends to get your heart pumping and feeling like it’s anything but a workout.
3. Make Sure to Do Progressive Overload – You might be asking what progressive overload is, well it is continuously working towards a more strenuous workout with each passing week. If you did 50 sit ups the previous week increase the following week to 60 sit up and so forth. You want to be progressively working towards better strength, stamina and power in your fitness regimen.
4. Give Core Training the Spotlight – Your back and stomach is your core and it is the driving force in nearly everything your body does and it is important to pay added attention to your core throughout your fitness routine. A strong core can help you to maintain your posture, strength and help to prevent injury as well, so give it the attention it deserves.
5. Breathe Properly – The value of breathing properly during workouts is highly underrated. Often people inhale and exhale too quickly during workouts, making the body tense up and release when it shouldn’t, thereby making the workout in progress less effective. Taking long inhales and exhales can increase the power of a workout and increase the results as well.
6. Keep With It – Just like with new years’ resolutions, many people start fitness routines with the highest of hopes and ambitions and then within a few weeks they quit. Nothing working having is easy, so stick with it and make your fitness goals a reality.
7. Visualize Your Goals – If you are looking to get better definition with your abs or having a chest bulging with muscles, visualize it in your mind as your workout. Knowing what you are aiming towards and having a clear picture of it in your mind as you workout can help to give you that extra bit of oomph in your workouts.