Looking to achieve a chiseled chest and biceps? Try this dumbbell free, pushups circuit workout guaranteed to shred your chest and generate new muscle growth. Pushups are a tried and true exercise that has made the test of time because it is so simple to perform and effective. First things first if you are a beginner you should start out slowly and work your way up to 30 standard Pushups before jumping into this intense circuit.
The Pushup Circuit Workout
• Standard pushups – For the standard pushup have your hands shoulder width apart and drop down to a 90 degree angle in a steady one, two pace. (12 reps x 3 sets)
• Wide stance pushups – Set your hands to a comfortable wide stance, drop down to a 90 degree angle. You should feel the burn in the latter part of your biceps and shoulders. (12 reps x 3 sets)
• Narrow stance pushups – Move your hands into directly below the shoulder and drop down with your elbows bending parallel. (12 reps x 3 sets)
• Fingertip pushups – Put your hands back in the standard pushup stance and raise up on your fingertips. This exercise requires strength in your arms and fingers. If you feel that you can’t keep your form start with a half set and work your way up. (12 reps x 3 sets)
• Clap pushups – With your hands in the standard stance drop down to a 90 degree angle and push yourself off the ground, clap your hands together then catch yourself back in the standard position. Make sure to cushion your landing with a slight bend at the elbow. (12 reps x 3 sets)
• Elevated pushups – Put your legs up on a step or a weigh bench and place your hands in the standard position. Push up and down to a 90 degree angle. (12 reps x 3 sets)