We all grew up on a healthy dose of superhero inspiration, which is probably why the best workouts programs for men usually include some superhero style moves. In fact, it is not surprising that most men struggle hard to get the body which is like that of a superhero. Besides, who doesn’t want to have a chiseled body like Thor or Superman? Let’s not forget some of the amazing looking actor transformations like Christain Bale, Hugh Jackman, Val Kilmer, Chris Pratt, and Chris Hemsworth to name a few. Luckily for us mere mortals, there are various superhero workouts which are doing the rounds in the fitness world. Let us go through some workout examples which we can’t promise to give you superhero abilities, but will certainly make you look like one.
Best Workout Programs for Men That will Make you Feel Like a Superhero!
The Hulk – Chest and Shoulders
Who doesn’t want to be built like a steel built machine of pure muscle with rock solid deltoids and boulder shoulders? Even though Thor did lift the entire Serpent of Midgaurd, the hulk can easily lift in the excess of 100 tons.
Wolverine – Forearms
The X-Men’s Wolverine, played perfectly by Hugh Jackman will make any man want to beef up this forearms a bit. Although the character is best known for his adamantium skeleton and blades that protrude from the knuckles he has incredible strength. Both attributes of which you can see by the amazing an physique and mental physiology. With the combination of both amazing feats of strength and mental toughness, can use in your less than superhuman fitness routine.
Flash – Speed and Lean body
Be a lean, mean, speedy machine just like flash and see how the definition on your muscle will pop out. While you may not run faster than the speed of light. Which is roughly 670616629 mph (just in case you were wondering). It may have been years since you have hit the trail or your local track. However, the benefits of this workout is allows you to increase your cardio for a better body inside and out.
Spider-Man – Agility
Spider-man has reflexes 15 times faster than the normal human and a reaction time that even Usain Bolt could only dream of. Aside from a rockin body improved agility can help you build bigger muscles and prevent injury.
Superhero inspired workout plans for men
Cable Flys for Chest – The Hulk
The Cable Fly exercise makes use of a weighted pulley system and is a great exercise for working the push muscles in your chest, triceps, and shoulders.
To do this exercise you will need to set both pulleys at shoulder height and set your weights the same on each side. Make sure to choose a weight that you can easily rep without a massive strain.
- Hold both cable handles while you stand in the middle with your feet in a staggard stance.
- Start the fly movements by holding the handles with your arms raised at each side with a slight bend on the elbow.
- Then, push the handles forward so your hands touch in the middle.
- To finish, slowly lower your arms back to the starting position lightly so the weights do not slam.
It may be a bit of a learning curve to get the proper technique but it is one of the best exercise for men. Plus you will fell like a superhero in the mirror once you get the swing of it. You can also try different variations like the high cable fly and the low cable fly to work different muscle groups.
Overhead Press for shoulders – The Hulk
The overhead press is highly esteemed for its simplicity and effectiveness. It is just a barbell, you and the gravity which comes into play. You can progressively add weights and you perfect your form and technique.
- Take a barbell in both hands at shoulder width and bring it up to your chest level.
- Keep your back positioned flat.
- Now lift the barbell over your head.
- Bring the barbel to the chest to complete one set.
- Complete 3-4 sets of 10 reps each
There are different variations of the overhead press which demands more engagement. However, the standing overhead press focuses more on upper-body strength and not to mention you will look like a giant hulk pressing all that weight over your head. You can also use dumbbells or the seated military press is a great option that will help improve posture.
Plate pinch curl and thick back-curl for forearms – The Wolverine
This exercise is a great addition to any superhero workout to strengthen your forearms.
- First, take two small plates and keep them together gripping them with your fingers.
- Second, now rotate your wrists and take it down. This exercise can be done in 8-12 reps with few minutes rest.
- Try to find the weight plates with the cutouts so in can enable a better grip. You can also try with dumbbells or other weighted objects.
Thick Back Curls
- To perform thick back curls take the bar and wrap it with a towel and hold it with a hand grip.
- Then lower the bar to your shoulders complete one set.
- Complete 3-4 sets of 12 reps each
You can perform up to four sets by having some rest in between the exercises. Be sure to focus on form and not try to be superman at the gym. Nonetheless you can these superhuman exercises to your workout for some serious results.
Hill sprints for improving speed – Flash
For this superhero workout, find a slanted surface, be it a naturally occurring hillside or a stadium/ park ramp. Before you attempt and sprints workout make sure you start with a 10-15 minute workout including dynamic stretches to get you lose and limber.
- Ensure that the surface is at a 15 degrees angle. Now sprint this surface for 25 yards.
- If you have not done any sprint work for awhile work your way up.
- Save your max speed sprints for your last couple reps when your body is warmed up.
- Continue for 8 to 10 reps you will feel an amazing after burn effect.
Leave a 2 minutes gap between each set. In fact, this exercise will help you be quick on your toes and develop your stamina and speed. It will also enhance your lung capacity and VO2 max which is a good indicator of overall fitness.
Jump Rope for agility – Spiderman
What super hero doesn’t appreciate a good jump rope session. The great thing about it is the versatility. You can jump rope as a warm up, in between reps as an HIIT burner or as part of a cool down abs and sit-ups circuit.
- Hold the jump rope in your hand while keeping your feet together.
- Do a variation of skipping exercises like high knee steps, single leg jumps or the jump rope burpees as per your liking.
- Develop a good jump cadence and complete your jump rope exercises in 1-2 minutes intervals. rest in between and 4-5 sets or as much as you can handle.
Jumping rope will not only improve your balance but will also improve your agility and help you develop immense strength. It’s a great reason why professional athletes and people who exercise regularly swear by it. Plus it’s a great way to get a cardio workout for those of you who don’t like to run on the treadmill or on an outdoor track. To really get into the spider-man spirit you can throw in some cargo net climbs, monkey bars and pull ups.
Try, some of these superhero workouts they are the top fitness plan for men. They will undoubtedly help you build power and develop balance to carry out everyday tasks in a flash. Download these exercises directly on your phone to you can bring them for inspiration and to impress a crowd.