If you have a big belly and you have never seen your abs then you need to take on a commitment that will guarantee results, first you must ask yourself if you are prepared to put the effort to achieve the desired results. It requires discipline, self-control and a total commitment and it also requires changing habits that caused your fat gain in the first place. Here are a few great ways to help you burn fat fast.
1. Small, frequent meals. It is probably the most common food advice you will receive, but fueling your body this way has a proven track record when it comes to weight loss. Your body is a machine, treat it that way. Fueling with protein, carbs, and good fats every three to four hours is the best way to get the most out of your body and burn fat faster.
2. Train in a fasted state. Even if you aren’t fasting, training on a near-empty stomach can help you burn fat faster, improve metabolic performance, and help maintain muscle after endurance exercise.
3. Interval training. Your goal is to build mass, but don’t forget the cardio. If hopping on a treadmill isn’t your thing consider interval training. Anything that keeps your heart rate up between sets will help you burn more calories during your workout, torching more fat along the way.
4. Cut the carbs for a few days. Carbs provide your body with energy and nutrients, cut them for a few days. You can still have fruits and veggies, but sub all other carbs for protein. Warning, this is not something you should do on a daily basis because without enough carbs you are setting yourself up for failure and could start losing muscle instead!
5. Jump on the rollercoaster. Consistency is a good thing when it comes to workout routine and nutrition. However, becoming too regimented in your diet can begin to slow down your weight loss or fat burning. Switch things up, don’t eat the same foods over and over and don’t worry if you don’t hit the exact calorie mark each day. As long as your intake over the course of a week meets your needs you will see results.
6. Fiber, fiber, fiber. Fiber acts as the body’s broom and can help to lower fat found in the blood. Adding fiber can also help reduce any type of constipation or bloating you are experiencing. While this won’t mean you’ve lost fat, you may have a more lean appearance once you’ve cleaned the colon.
7. Beware of sneaky fats. Salad is great for you right? Yes, until you drench it in dressing and other fattening toppings. Take a close look at what you are eating and see if excess fats are making their way into your mouth.
8. Don’t skip. One thing people try to do when they want to cut fat fast is they cut calories drastically. This is actually one of the worst things you could do! Doing this sends your body into a state of starvation. Form there your body’s metabolism takes a nose dive and you begin to conserve fat, lose muscle and water. This may translate into pounds lost, but you are retaining fat and when you begin to eat normally again, you will gain fat on top of that fat.
9. Switch your beverage. You can still enjoy a night out while cutting fat but you may not be able to go with your “usual.” Stick with a drink on the rocks or with a calorie-free, sugar-free, fat-free mixer.
10. Pump Protein. When in doubt, increase your protein. This helps build and repair muscle tissue and lean out.