Any athlete or fitness fanatic will tell you that the foundation of getting any results from your workouts happens in the kitchen. You need to be eating correctly and drinking at least 8 glasses of water a day if you want to get results from your hard workouts.
Here are some proven fat loss workout.
With that out of the way we can get directly to the creation of your own specific workout program that will not only help you maintain and maybe build a bit of extra muscle but will speed up fat-loss and allow you to see all the hard work that you have put in. There are many different types of fat loss workouts that you can create for yourself and the choices are going to be only limited by the amount of times you are able to train during your week. For example if you can only train twice or three times a week then you need to train your whole body when you work out.
However if you are able to train 5 or 6 times a week then you will need to split your workout which means that you will be dividing your body-parts into different sections that you train every day. Using the High Intensity Interval Training (HIIT) technique has proven itself to work.
Using the HIIT principals you would then create a routine that will only allow you to rest a maximum of 60 seconds between the different exercises that you could do in the form of a circuit or a super set or even giant set which is more than 2 exercises that are repeated after a 90 second rest.
Here are the exercises and the days that you could train as well as the sets and reps you should use if you want to increase the fat loss and improve the definition that you have. You will be doing 4 sets of 20-25 reps and going down in reps with each set that you do.
The example shown below of a fat loss workout will give you a good idea how you can create something specific to your own requirements. This program listed is to train hard and no longer than one hour at the very most. You train for 5 consecutive days and then rest on the weekend.
Monday Arms (Triceps and Biceps)
- Choose from the following exercises - Dumbbell curls, extensions, upward rows , or lying tricep extensions.
Tuesday Legs (Quads, Hamstrings and Glutes)
- Choose from the following exercises - Leg press, squats, single leg squats, lying leg curl, calf raises, seated leg extensions
Wednesday Chest (Pecs)
- Choose from the following exercises - Bench press, chest dips, dumbbell flys, or cable crossovers.
Thursday Back (Traps and Lats)
- Choose from the following exercises - Overhead pull downs, dumbbell rows, seated rows, or one handed rows.
Friday - Shoulders (Delts)
- Choose from the following exercises - military overhead press, standing flys, seated lat raises, or behind neck barbell press