When it comes to building muscle and getting in shape, getting your nutrition right is simply vital if you want to really maximize your gains and get the most out of your training. It’s all well and good spending hours upon hours in the gym lifting weights, but if you really want to pack on the muscle, then nutrition is most certainly the key and you should make sure you have some lean protein meal ideas on hand.
Top Lean Protein Meal Ideas to Maximize Muscle Gain
Many expert trainers believe that to effectively add muscle mass to your frame, it is a combination of 60% nutrition, and 40% training, and they could very well be right. Obviously, protein is a bodybuilder’s best friend but many seem to struggle to find good ideas of how they should consume it. Many of them simply stick with the usual, plain boiled chicken breast and veggies, or simply opt for protein shakes instead. These are perfectly fine ways to get protein into your systems, but they can be a bit bland and boring. Instead, why not mix things up a bit and try some new lean protein meal ideas. These aren't complex or fancy, but they do get the job done, and can taste delicious.
Lean Protein Meal #1) Baked potato with tuna, cottage cheese, and pineapple
This is a great example of a non fancy meal, that gets the job done and is jam packed full of protein.
1. Simply start by baking your potato in the oven until the skin is crispy on the outside, and it is light, soft and fluffy on the inside.
2. Next, take some flaked tuna, either tinned or fresh, and combine it with cottage cheese inside a bowl.
3. Take some diced pineapple and mix that into the tuna and cottage cheese mixture.
4. Slice your baked potato open, and pack it full of the tuna and cottage cheese mixture.
5. Serve with a fresh green salad and you’re good to go.
Lean Protein Meal #2) Baked salmon with baked sweet potato and steamed broccoli
This meal tastes simply amazing, is low in saturated fat, provides you with good fats, as well as the natural goodness of broccoli.
1. Start by taking a slab of fresh salmon, wrap it in foil, squeeze with lemon, add fresh black pepper, and a small knob of butter.
2. Place it into your oven and bake it for around 30 minutes.
3. At the same time, place a sweet potato into the oven and bake until it’s soft to the touch.
4. Take a handful of fresh broccoli, and place them into a steamer, and steam for around 10 minutes until they’re still slightly hard.
5. Assemble all of your cooked ingredients together, and hey presto. This makes a great pre-workout meal as a result of the fats and carbohydrates contained inside the salmon and the sweet potato respectively.