Love handles are a problem even for some of the most muscular men. There are many amateur bodybuilders walking around with huge pecks, massive biceps, and giggly love handles. It is a mix that just doesn’t seem right.
Top tips to get rid of those love handles once and for all
The love handles just happen to be one of those common problematic areas of the body that tend to house a lot of fat. They might not be as harmful as some of the fat in other areas of your body, but they do damage to the sleekness of your physique and can make a guy feel very old and unattractive when he happens to spot a beautiful woman. You don’t have to be a bodybuilder to want a nice, fit body. Boost your self-esteem and overall sexiness with this workout to burn off love handles.
Try fat burning exercises
There are some exercises that have been proven to be effective and people tend to forget about them when new strategies arise. The fact is that the bicycle abs exercise is a very powerful method to get rid of love handles as it tones and strengthens the obliques and rectus abdominals.
- To do bicycles, lie on the floor, on your back, and bend your knees to your chest.
- Place your hands behind your head on either side. Now extend one leg and turn the elbow of the arm that is on the same side as the extended leg towards the bended knee.
- Return to the starting position and repeat the movement again, using the opposite side.
- When you perform this exercise properly your legs should be pumping as if you were peddling a bike.
The Roundhouse Kick
Another great exercise for burning off love handles is the roundhouse kick. The roundhouse kick actually works multiple body parts, but this includes the obliques.
- It is important when doing this exercise to make sure that you are doing a roundhouse kick for each repetition and not just a side kick.
- The difference is that with a roundhouse kick there is more hip involvement.
- The extra effort that must be put into doing a roundhouse kick vs. sidekicks serves to benefit the oblique muscles.
Finally, those love handles will melt away as you do side bends with dumbbells.
- Make sure to pick a good heavy weight for this exercise.
- It should not be so heavy that you have to strain just to pick it up, but heavy enough to challenge you.
- To do this exercise, just stand with feet apart and a dumbbell in each hand.
- Then bend at the waist, leaning from side to side.
- After a few reps you should really begin to feel this exercise working right in the obliques.
There are some other exercises that can burn off love handles, but a workout that follows these three exercises in sequence is a very effective approach. You might not see overnight results, but you will feel it and in a short time those love handles will be gone. Keeping them away will be up to you.