The only thing that’s better than looking good is smelling good. Whether you are in the market to purchase a gift or want a little something for yourself there are some great scents out there. So this Christmas, here are 12 of the top holiday men’s colognes around.
1. 1 Million Intense by Paco Rabanne – Since its launch in 2008, it’s been a really popular fragrance for Paco Rabanne. Intense is more extravagant with deeper versions of blood orange, saffron, cinnamon and even white leather.
2. L’Homme by Yves Saint Laurent – Even though it’s been out since 2006, it’s still a favorite of many. It’s not overpowering and works any time of year.
3. Aqua pour Homme by Bulgari – This is a limited Edition fragrance that’s tough to find but a great daytime deep citrus smell.
4. Eros by Versace – Eros is inspired by Greek mythology and was the name of son of Aphrodite. It’s a mixture of fresh woody notes with mint oil, green apple and Italian lemon.
5. Encounter by Calvin Klein – The face of this fragrance is Alexander Skarsgard from True Blood. This fragrance came out in September 2012 and opens with mandarin and cardamom with a core of cognac, jasmine and patchouli.
6. John Varvatos – Created in 2004, this is a great fall fragrance that is loved by many. It’s a mixture of fig (leaf and fruit), clary, coriander, cinnamon, pepper, cedar, sandalwood all perfectly mixed together.
7. Polo Blue by Ralph Lauren is a day fragrance that is both liked and loved. It starts off cool with melon, mandarin and cucumber and ends with musk, woodsy notes, and suede.
8. Dior Homme – Spicy citrus top notes, lavender, sage, and bergamot, give way to cacao, cardamom, iris, and amber and ends with leather and vertiver.
9. 10 Roam by Odin – This spicy sweet fragrance is a combination of coconut, coffee flower, pepper leaf, saffron and ginger lily, ebony wood, and incense.
10. Made to Measure by Gucci – If you’ve ever worn a Gucci handmade suit, you’ll appreciate the crisp, spicy, exotic smell of Made to Measure.
11. James Bond 007 by Ocean Royale – With the renewed popularity of the franchise and the character, this fragrance is for the men who appreciate 007’s killer sophistication. It’s a mixture of lime, iris, cedar, and sandalwood which makes it spicy Caribbean Breeze that’s perfect for fall.
12. Red by Hugo Boss – When hot, cedarwood and hot amber, meets cold, grapefruit and rhubarb, you get Red. This is Hugo Boss’ sweet and fresh contribution to Fall.